Our Response to COVID-19
Modified on Tuesday 31st March at 17:36
Although we have had to close our church building, we are still committed to supporting the town and nation with prayer. We are working as a first priority to get in touch with everyone, including those who are NOT online, to find out how we can best support them. Thank you to everyone who is helping with this effort.
Last Sunday, Passion Sunday, 29th March
- The Collect for this week (Passion Sunday)
you gave up your Son
out of love for the world:
lead us to ponder the mysteries of his passion,
that we may know eternal peace
through the shedding of our Saviour’s blood,
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Join in with Bishop Tim and his wife Sally celebrating a communion service for Passion Sunday including some beautiful music from the cathedral choir.
- Our Pennington and Lymington joint online service is available to watch on the Pennington YouTube channel. This week the service included some pre-recorded sections, including an introduction from Lymington Vicarage.
- A video of the sixth and final session of our Churches Together “Saying Yes to Life” Lent Course is on our Lymington Church YouTube channel. The accompanying handout and other details are on our dedicated Lent Course page.
Useful resources to support your prayer life during our “lock-down”
- The St.Thomas Prayer Trail for you to walk online
- My two editions of “Monday worship from home” for Lymington Infants School are on our YouTube channel.
- Our prayer chain continues to operate as normal, so if you have any prayer requests please contact the parish office to get a dedicated band of prayers praying with you. The office phone is being checked regularly (from home!)
- You can also leave a prayer request on this site. Go to Church Life >Prayer >Prayer Requests.
- Our weekly prayers for the parish, which used to be in St.Thomas at 9am every Saturday, have moved online to an email group. If you’d like to join in contact the parish office.
- You can join in with the daily pattern of prayer of the Church of England by going to the Church of England web site.
- There are daily reflections on the Winchester Cathedral ‘Prayers for Coronavirus’ page.
- There are smart phone apps which also make the daily liturgies of the Church available in a very simple way. We recommend “Daily Prayer from the Church of England” published by Church House Publishing.
- Click here to see our COVID-19 coronavirus information page which has links to reliable online information.
A prayer for the Lock-down
Dear Lord, please give us all we need to cope with,
and to survive, this worrying time;
and show us how best to use the time we
have in this lock-down to focus on,
and to strengthen, our relationship with you,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Help us to put our energy, faith and trust
into enabling your Kingdom to come
and your will to be done. Amen.