On the third Sunday of the month there is a Messy Church service at 9am in St.Thomas’ church hall (when we’re allowed!) which includes breakfast and is an opportunity for all ages to eat, create and worship together in a relaxed atmosphere.
During the lock-down we are sending out Messy Church material to the families on our contact list.
Do please contact us if you’d like to be added to the list.
All our Messy Church videos are on our YouTube channel.
Other resources online
- The Messy Church at Home link is www.messychurch.org.uk/resources/messy-church-home-ideas.
- Peter’s weekly “Monday worship from home” episodes for Lymington Infants School are on the St.Thomas YouTube channel.
- Together at Home is at www.tath.co.uk. This website offers “worship at home” family resources based both on the weekly lectionary (set readings for churches) and non-lectionary weekly resources.
- Worship for Everyone – Nick and Becky Drake write all-age and children’s worship music. Their YouTube channel has their songs as video, but they are also presenting live worship for all the family on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4pm.
- Rend Co Kids YouTube channel – Rend collective have written a number of awesome songs for adults, and have now started to write some worship songs for children.
- Bible stories from Saddleback kids.
- Veggie tales – Bible stories and silly songs as told by a tomato and a cucumber – lots of fun!
- Guardians of Ancora – created by Scripture Union, it is a game that a child can play which takes them through a bible story as they play.
- Kitchen Table project – encourages the sharing of faith at home and suggests 10 things you might want to do as a family (but you can’t do number 8 at the moment!)
- Also from Kitchen Table – some ideas about how to talk to your children about Corona virus.
Upcoming Messy Church Events
Armour of God 6 – Helmet of Salvation (back in St.Thomas hall)
Armour of God 7 – Sword of the Spirit
What they say…
How members of the congregation describe this service
Ideal for young families
I like the colouring and seeing people
A good place to develop a love of God and Jesus
Fantastic, friendly and one of a kind